- This event has passed.
Stronger Together: KOM 2020 Virtual Fundraiser
December 3, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
We are excited to announce that we will be hosting a virtual fundraiser event this year!
While we aren’t able to hold our annual in-person fundraising events this year, we are looking forward to seeing many of your faces online.
Date: Thursday, December 3rd, 2020, 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Location (UPDATE): Live on YouTube! Click here to watch.
Program: Our virtual program will include updates from KOM staff and community members from this year, music, a live raffle drawing, and more.
Tickets: Free! Please consider making a donation to help refugees meet their immediate needs during the COVID-19 pandemic and plan for future goals.
To join us for the event, please RSVP by filling out our online registration form HERE.
*UPDATE: The event will be LIVE STREAMED on YouTube on Thursday, December 3rd at 12:00pm CST.
The raffle is now closed. Join us for our live event to find out if you have won!
Our prizes include:
Karen Horn | Original Artwork | iPhone XR | Gold Necklace | 55″ Smart TV | $250 Visa Gift Card | AirPods Pro | Vacuum | Rice Cooker | Karen Textiles
House Rules for Raffle
City of St. Paul Temporary Gambling License # 20200002494
Raffle Drawing: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 12:00-1:00pm
Drawing Location: The Urban Village, 1082 Arcade St., St. Paul, MN 55106
Drawing will be livestreamed via Zoom. Register for the free virtual event at: www.mnkaren.org/event/stronger-together
The Karen Organization of Minnesota (“KOM”) will conduct a charitable raffle on December 3, 2020, to raise funds for our programs serving refugees and immigrants in Minnesota. In compliance with city and state laws, KOM has set forth the following house rules for this raffle:
1. Raffles are a form of gambling. If you or someone you know has a problem with gambling addiction, call the toll-free problem gambling helpline at 1-800-333-HOPE.
2. Raffle tickets will be sold from November 11, 2020 to November 30, 2020.
3. Individuals may purchase one or more raffle tickets. Only one ticket is required to enter the raffle.
4. The price is $20.00 per ticket. Debit card purchases will be charged a processing fee of 2.9% of ticket price + $0.30 per transaction. No discounts or donations of tickets are allowed according to state law. Tickets are non-refundable.
5. Individuals may purchase tickets using cash, checks, , or debit cards. Credit cards may not be used to purchase raffle tickets according to state law. Payment must be issued before individuals can receive a raffle ticket.
6. Tickets must be purchased in-person according to state law. No phone or online payments are allowed. Individuals may purchase raffle tickets with cash or check from KOM staff or board members. Alternatively, individuals may purchase tickets with cash, check, or debit card by contacting (651)788-7593 to set up a curbside appointment at KOM’s office.
7. Individuals must provide their name, phone number, and address on the raffle ticket for the ticket to be valid.
8. Individuals must be 18 or older to purchase a raffle ticket or to win a prize. Individuals must be able to pick up prizes from KOM’s office. KOM is not responsible for shipping or delivering prizes to winners. Karen Organization of Minnesota | 2353 Rice St., Suite 240, Roseville, MN 55113 | (651)788-7593 | www.mnkaren.org
9. Raffle managers are not allowed to purchase tickets or win a prize. Other KOM staff, board members, or persons not involved in managing the raffle may purchase tickets and win prizes.
10. The raffle drawing will be held during our “Stronger Together” virtual event on December 3, 2020, from 12:00-1:00pm at The Urban Village (1082 Arcade St., St. Paul, MN 55106). Raffle ticket holders need not be present to win. Limited standing room will be available for raffle ticket holders to observe the drawing. COVID-19 masking, sanitizing, and social distancing rules will be strictly enforced. The event will also be broadcast live online via Zoom. Individuals may register to attend the virtual event at www.mnkaren.org/event/stronger-together.
11. Raffle winners will be selected by ticket drawing. All entries will have an equal chance to win. One winner will be selected per prize.
12. Prize winners will be posted on KOM’s website after the event. KOM staff will contact each prize winner to claim their prize within 14 days of the event. If the prize winner does not collect their prize within this time, KOM staff may conduct a second drawing to select another winner. Information for that raffle drawing will be posted if necessary.
For questions regarding the raffle, please contact:
Eh Tah Khu | (651)202-3114 | email@example.com
Alexis Walstad | (651)202-3120 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Samah Home Healthcare Council on Asian Pacific Minnesotans
Let’s stay connected, as we are all STRONGER TOGETHER!
Check back on this page for updates about the event.